General Authority for Passenger Transport in Alexandria Governorate
• It was established by Republican Decree No. 4494 in 1965. It transfers about 200 million passengers a year with an average of more than half a million passengers a day. It includes the Raml Ram facility, the city tram and the bus facility, which accounts for about 40% of passenger capacity.
• Pumping - National Investment Bank - investments to the General Authority for passenger transport in Alexandria estimated at 1.1 billion pounds during the period from 2009/2010 to 2016/2017, the main objectives were:
- Improving the level of service provided to citizens.
- Development of the transport fleet for tram, bus and minibus.
- Preparing workshops and garages with machines and tools.
- Rehabilitation of facilities and facilities associated with the Commission's activities.
- Rehabilitation of motors and trams for trams.
• These investments contributed to the implementation of several constructions and supplies for the General Authority for Passenger Transport in Alexandria Governorate, the most important of which are:
- Replacing and renewing the railway at Ras Al Teen Street, Al Wardian Electricity Station.
- Developing a network of Sporting intersections.
- he purchase of (80) minibuses, up to 150 cars, Volvo bus service, diesel service (30 air-conditioned buses), 15 complete tram units, machinery and equipment for the body workshops.
- Starting procedures for the purchase of a 15-unit articular tram from Ukraine and the import of 15 electric-powered bus and accessories from China.
- Rehabilitation of a number of traction engines for sand tram and city tram.