Authority for the Development and Use of New and Renewable Energy
• The Commission was established by law No. 102 of 1986, which aims at developing the use of renewable energy and encouraging the manufacture of its equipment locally, which represents the national focal point for efforts to develop their technologies and exploit their sources at the commercial level as clean and sustainable energy.
• Pumping - National Investment Bank - investments of the Authority estimated at LE 1.3 billion during the period from 2009/2010 to 2016/2017, the main objectives were:
- Exploitation of natural resources (wind - sun) to produce clean electrical energy.
- Reduce the consumption of conventional energy sources (fuel - coal ....).
- Contribute to raising the capacity of the national network by adding sources that do not produce emissions that increase global warming.
• These investments contributed to the implementation of several projects, the most important of which are:
- Zafarana projects 6, 7, 8 with a capacity of 320 MW, projects of Jabal Al-Zayt with a capacity of 220 MW, 120 MW, 40 MW.
- Siwa station with capacity of 10 megawatts, number of (3) stations in the new valley with a capacity of 6 MW, the number of (4) stations in the Red Sea not connected to the network capacity of 14 MW.
- Lighting of villages and communities by independent photovoltaic cell systems for 211 villages and 2 MW residential community.
- 140 mW solar power plant.